Outdoor Education is a student-centered program designed to enhance the participant’s learning ability, self-confidence, and self-discipline. The O.E. course is an adventure in excellence where individuals can challenge themselves mentally, physically, socially, emotionally and culturally.
Students will learn:
- To demonstrate the basic knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for a safe, comfortable outdoor experience in all seasons.
- To demonstrate an awareness and respect of living things and basic ecological processes.
- To develop leadership and decision making skills.
- To develop communication, listening and observational skills.
- To maintain a functional level of physical fitness.
- To develop positive personal and social behaviours and interpersonal relationships.
- About proper nutrition and menu planning for outdoor activities.
- About how to interact with wildlife populations in a manner safe for all involved.