John Maland High School administers a few scholarships for various outside organizations.
- The Devon Lions Community Service Award – presented in September, this award for grade 12 students, one male and one female, who are active in the community – either inside JMHS, outside of the school or both. The award is $1000 each.
- The Devon Neighbourhood Dental Scholarship – this award of $1000 is presented to the grade 12 student who shows the most improvement in grades, attitude and work habits in three years.
- The Devon History Book Award – presented in September, this $500 scholarship is presented to a grade 12 student entering a fine arts program in a post-secondary school.
- The Devon Legion Bursaries – presented in May, these two bursaries of $1000 each are presented at graduation
- Devon Hospital Foundation Bursary -The Devon General Hospital Foundation Bursary Program was established by the Board to provide financial assistance to a student(s) who are enrolled in a full time Registered Nurse or Healthcare related program. This bursary program is intended to recognize goal orientated, dedicated individuals who have demonstrated good citizenship in their community. Applications must be made at the Devon Hospital.
If you require more information, or have questions about scholarships please contact Mrs. Hiller.